Mbeere Diocese from Inception to Date
Initially covered Mandela later released Garissa Area Missionary Diocese. The Anglican Church of Kenya, Mbeere Diocese came to existence on 1st July 1997. It was created out of the former CPK Diocese of Embu. It covers Mbeere North and Mbeere South and lies under the arid and semi arid areas of Kenya. It is a metropolitan Diocese with several communities co-existing. The majority are Ambeere. The indigenous are the Ambeere who are the majority. The first Bishop of ACK Diocese of Mbeere was Rt Rev Gideon G. Ireri who was concentrated on 26th October 1997 at the church of Good Samaritan Nyangwa, a mother church of the Diocese where the first CMS started in the region the year 1918. This was a memorable and important event in the Diocese which was witnessed by among others his Excellency the 2nd president of the republic of Kenya retired President Daniel Toroitich Arap Moi. Upon retirement of the first Bishop, the Rt Rev. Moses Masaba Nthuka became the 2nd Bishop in 12th October 2008. It has been 9 years since he became the 2nd Bishop.